"I am an instrument in the shape
of a WOMAN trying to translate pulsations
into images
for the relief of the body
and the reconstruction of the mind."


Planetarium
written by Adrienne Cecile Rich




Monday, October 15, 2007

"dum spiro spero."

i love this phrase. hope keeps me alive even after all these has happened.

i'm breathing fresh air. yahoo! i need this break, this pseudo-vacation time. free from all stresses brought by acad work.

but just last night, as i was helping my friend rv with his thesis, i realized how much i missed all the brain-wrecking thinking. i had been so clogged up with our study on television news that i barely had time to think about anything else. save for our busy times with the PRSP competition, i would have burned myself to ashes if i had one semester thinking only about one topic.

i'm grateful for my other subjects, however difficult these may sometimes be. i'm aware that i would have to make the grade in these subjects, too, but mostly i take these subjects as my distractions from the heavier ones. i need the time to think about other things, too. and my brain power can get stretched a bit.

i'm so excited to go into thesis mode, simply because i'm so excited in learning about the topic (my thesis partner angel and i decided to tackle children's advertising). that's just how i am, i guess: i'm naturally curious. i write about what i learn, and i learn because i want to know. it's my motivation to get on with my academics... that deeply-situated desire to know.

yep, i know it's corny and all. but isn't that the basic idea of philosophy? the desire to know. too bad i have what can be harmful to this: ergophobia, or the fear of work.

while i breathe, i hope. this must be a new motto for me.

every new semester brings a new hope, a new freedom.

but oh yehehehessss. it's not a new semester yet! so party on!

[oh yes smack that!]

1 Comments:

  • At 10/31/2007 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous mused…

    i got a 1.5 in my thesis proposal class, and it's because of u. ^-^

    much thanks, mariel. for everything. i still have a sem to bully u around for my thesis wahahahaha.

    children's advertising? you may want to talk to dr. lalaine aquino of DECL. she's our children's lit, educ skills, etc expert. XD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home





!SANIPRIYA

I AM
Saturn's precious star
culture-bound
the elder sister
a squirrel under the oak
never early
Venus' healing herb
la luna de la noche
a girl of wishes
pride inside
pretending to be smart
nicely tucked in
a lady not poised
the talahiranya



Name:
Location: San Juan, Philippines

Notes and scribbles of a wayward child

my friendster account
my multiply account



!DIRTY MUSINGS