"I am an instrument in the shape
of a WOMAN trying to translate pulsations
into images
for the relief of the body
and the reconstruction of the mind."


Planetarium
written by Adrienne Cecile Rich




Tuesday, April 03, 2007

books

got tagged by my friend ilia. sorry lia for posting this so late. i haven't read as much i would want to lately, and for the past semesters i'm stuck with gravetter and wallnau, babbie, littlejohn, mcquail, and ocassionally strunk and white. haven't been literary lately.

1. You're stuck inside Farenheit 451. What book do you want to be? hm. let's just say i don't want to be a book. haha.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? ooh, once you've read a sheldon, you'll know. i forgot his name, but the way sheldon described him: debonair, a perfect gentleman, sexy, cunning and an intellectual. in short, he's perfect. haha. i just forgot his name and the book (basically sheldon's leading men all have the same personalities haha).

3. The last books you bought were: bonifacio's bones by ambeth ocampo (i'm a history freak) and i finished that short book in one afternoon and, on a whim, walden bello's anti-development state... i loved his views (although i haven't taken him as a prof) hehe.

4. The last books given to you were: ooh, my dad bought me the complete set of philippine history by reader's digest. i said we needed it for our library at home, but mostly it was me reading it. haha.

5. Three books that would have made more of a difference in life had I read them years earlier: yah, vagina monologues by eve ensler, ambeth ocampo's looking back and aguinaldo's breakfast (it would have made me enjoy my history classes then).

6. Three books I borrowed and don't want to return anymore: i don't remember borrowing any book (kasi naman! i usually buy my own. but i can name dvds i wouldn't want to return back hehe).

7. Three books I wanted to like more: (can i name just two?) tuesdays with morrie (yeah, i didn't really like it as much, what with all the hype and all), grapes of wrath by john steinbeck bored me at the start i didn't even finish it (huwat? that's a pulitzer prize-winning novel!).

8. Three books I pretended to have read: not that i know of.

9. Three books I am happy I bought last year: gravetter and wallnau tops that! (top 1, 2, and 3, grabe!) i mean, a bargain php 300 second-hand book in hardbound, and it looked brand-new! i'm the only one i know who has one (the cmc lib has a photocopy). hehehe. yabang.

10. Three books I wish I had written: catcher in the rye by jd salinger (i always wanted to write a novel that has so many thoughts, it would seem like a word salad), the rule of four by ian caldwell and dustin thompson (oh man, the details of that book are amazing!). and the rosales saga (can i just name all?) is just so damn satisfying. i was proud of my race after reading that.

now, i'm tagging tina (who has read so many books it amazes me), rv, and luisa, and myk.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





!SANIPRIYA

I AM
Saturn's precious star
culture-bound
the elder sister
a squirrel under the oak
never early
Venus' healing herb
la luna de la noche
a girl of wishes
pride inside
pretending to be smart
nicely tucked in
a lady not poised
the talahiranya



Name:
Location: San Juan, Philippines

Notes and scribbles of a wayward child

my friendster account
my multiply account



!DIRTY MUSINGS