"I am an instrument in the shape
of a WOMAN trying to translate pulsations
into images
for the relief of the body
and the reconstruction of the mind."


Planetarium
written by Adrienne Cecile Rich




Saturday, April 07, 2007

starting summer with a bang

yay! i'm back home, after two nights of lazing on the beach. on the third day, i was really ready to go home. i needed to feel my soft bed and hug my pillows. sleeping on the sand is really not my thing. haha.

went to zambales, in san antonio, a place that is, according to kel, populated by aetas. heck, i haven't seen one during my stay there. anyway, we camped by the beach, and it was so breezy! sleeping under the sky, and opening my eyes in the middle of the night to see the moon directly above me.. ooh, that was exhilarating. the first night i slept in the tent, but on the 2nd night i decided to rough it out, take my banig and sleep in the open air. haha.

on our 2nd day there, i decided to go for a walk at 5.30 in the morning. on the beach i met steve who's from new zealand and his two beautiful dogs, chuba and cocky. my, those dogs are so playful! and so big... they managed to tumble me down while playing, and that hurt. steve's a deep-sea fisherman, and he's been staying in san antonio for nine years already. haha. my mom joked that he's already a native there.

he toured us (me, mom, and dad) in the "international" village where the residents are australian, swedish, norweigian, english... i liked that place. they have bungalow houses, large gardens, and inside the community they were building two small lakes. someday i'd like to fish for carp there. hehe.

steve invited us inside his garden where we found so many flowering plants, fruit trees, and spices. he even gave us small basil plants to take home. wow. now i can have basil in my pasta without buying that spice. hehe.

and that afternoon we went island hopping. tranquility is the word for those islands across san antonio. white sand. waves lapping at the shore. woot. bora without the sin city. hahaha.

and that vacation taught me what "waves crashing at the shore" meant. yes, i know what it is. but it was my first time to encounter such huge waves. they pull you into the sea then throw you back on the shore. if you get pulled so far you won't be able to reach the shore. after playing tug-of-war with the sea, i walked away with sand in all the places of my bathing suit.

my brother mark went kickboarding on those waves. tried it, and i thought i was going to die in those waves. after a few scratches on my leg, i finally got it. yay!

when we were finally going home on the third day, my dad decided we still haven't enough of the water, so we drove to 8 waves in bulacan. whew. waves again?!

this time, though, the waves didn't horseplay around with me. and i got to do a few lopsided laps in the olympic-sized pool, too.

my mom and i joked that the place felt like a pool park in sentosa in singapore... all around us the people were either bumbay or chinese, and all else looked like pinoys (which were, of course, a mix of filipinos, malaysians, and a few indonesians here and there). hehe.

whatta vacation. i slumped on the bed when i got home. too bad my digicam got messed up and i don't have pics. anyway, saving for a new one, and crossing my fingers that hopefully i won't use all that money up for shopping.

next stop/s would be: tanay, rizal on easter with my family and my cousins, sagada and banawe (again with my family) on the 29th, laiya (that excursion i'm planning with myk) with don bosco friends on may 5th, davao with my sibs and my cousins on the end of may, and maybe lemery to visit my parents' friend there. woohoo. whatta summer.

wait. no puerto?!?

happy summer break, friends!


[edit]
congratulations to the graduates! u.p. cmc's graduation is on the 22nd (and usually u.p.'s graduation is always the last among all the universities), so this greeting may be too early. but to all else who have graduated, congrats guys!
[/edit]

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 4/07/2007 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous mused…

    ang saya talaga siguro magbeach--
    matagal na akong di nakakapagbeach.
    13-15years ago
    wahaha.
    enjoy.

     
  • At 4/07/2007 5:39 PM, Blogger tina mused…

    wow... grabe.. travel for summer? how cool.. and youre hitting davao ? woo. have fun! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home





!SANIPRIYA

I AM
Saturn's precious star
culture-bound
the elder sister
a squirrel under the oak
never early
Venus' healing herb
la luna de la noche
a girl of wishes
pride inside
pretending to be smart
nicely tucked in
a lady not poised
the talahiranya



Name:
Location: San Juan, Philippines

Notes and scribbles of a wayward child

my friendster account
my multiply account



!DIRTY MUSINGS