"I am an instrument in the shape
of a WOMAN trying to translate pulsations
into images
for the relief of the body
and the reconstruction of the mind."


Planetarium
written by Adrienne Cecile Rich




Saturday, August 18, 2007

good morning manila!

rainy fridays and saturdays make me feel gloomy, but somehow, there's something about today and yesterday that made me feel, um, well, joyous. does that sound unreal?

lately i've been LSS-ing on this one song that keeps me happy, especially in the mornings. it goes: "oh oh oh, woke up today, feeling the way i always do. oh oh oh hungry for something that i can't eat, then i hear that beat. that rhythm of town starts calling me down. it's like a message from high above. oh oh oh pulling me out to the smiles and the streets that i love."

it's just so cheery and positive. yes, it may go on saying "good morning baltimore" throughout the whole song, but it makes me feel like i should greet "good morning manila" to this forlorn city.

i like this song. it makes my mornings feel wonderfully blessed. haha. btw, it's entitled "good morning baltimore" (like i haven't said that already) and it's from the broadway musical hairspray (which they made into a movie and it's showing next week).

i wish so many songs are like this. another song i like? manila by hotdogs (am i right? hotdogs?). gives me the feeling of loving the good ole metro, even with its faults, creases, pollution, crimes haha.

*sigh.

i wish everyday is as joyous as this morning. come to think of it, i'm humming the song even while i do this tedious content coding of a television news program.

i was humming yesterday morning and grinning so widely that manang men asked me if i was in love. ha. not really. it just simply is, hm, wonderful. i wish all mornings are like this: simple, happy, and blessed. and i hope everyone gets that kind of feeling in the morning too, no matter how gloomy the weather is.

*starts humming again...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





!SANIPRIYA

I AM
Saturn's precious star
culture-bound
the elder sister
a squirrel under the oak
never early
Venus' healing herb
la luna de la noche
a girl of wishes
pride inside
pretending to be smart
nicely tucked in
a lady not poised
the talahiranya



Name:
Location: San Juan, Philippines

Notes and scribbles of a wayward child

my friendster account
my multiply account



!DIRTY MUSINGS