"I am an instrument in the shape
of a WOMAN trying to translate pulsations
into images
for the relief of the body
and the reconstruction of the mind."


Planetarium
written by Adrienne Cecile Rich




Wednesday, August 15, 2007

oratio imperata. oh rain, rain!

i was devirginized today.

haha. not in the way many think.

na-rape si mariel ng baha.

it's my first time wading through floodwaters that was up to my waist, my first time riding a truck through floodwaters up to my chest. perstaym ni mariel umangkas sa likod ng trak kasabay ng mga kalalakihan at tumawid sa karagatang baha.

as what my brother mark said, it's free fare. libreng sakay, hindi na mamamasahe. kids have a really different way of looking at things. yep, i saved on both our fares. we didn't have to ride a jeepney.

but we had to wade through icky waters. mahirap pala iyon, lumakad sa baha, dahil malakas ang agos ng tubig. kaya ang lakad namin, sa likod ng mga sasakyan para nahahawi ang tubig. may paraan pala para maglakad sa baha: wag kalabanin ang agos ng tubig.

sabi ko kay mark, kung hindi ko siya talaga mahal, hindi ko siya susunduin sa school. note to self: tell my parents to move my brother to a school where it doesn't flood.

i really need to go to UP. but unless floodwaters go down, i can't. i really have to get my butt to UP. but even if i get there, classes are suspended. grabe naman. i don't know what to do. haha.

but even then, i'm thankful for the rain. it has to rain, save us from drought. hoo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





!SANIPRIYA

I AM
Saturn's precious star
culture-bound
the elder sister
a squirrel under the oak
never early
Venus' healing herb
la luna de la noche
a girl of wishes
pride inside
pretending to be smart
nicely tucked in
a lady not poised
the talahiranya



Name:
Location: San Juan, Philippines

Notes and scribbles of a wayward child

my friendster account
my multiply account



!DIRTY MUSINGS